Time for more recreation
Even Ernest Hemingway loved the charms of the two main villages in the heart of the Montafon and immortalised his recollections in his books. Today, modern cableways as well as attractive sport, cultural and recreational opportunities excite visitors during all seasons of the year. Staying active is not a problem – whether with family fun at Vorarlberg’s largest recreational park Aktivpark Montafon, bathing in the Montafon alpine swimming pool, guided tours on bike, hair-raising adventures at the forest rope park, sport activities in pure natural surroundings or strolling about the historic village centre. The villages are the central starting point for all ski and hiking regions of the valley and are easily reached year-round by rail or car.
Figures & facts
690 m (center)
650 m - 1.200 m (with outer plots)
Schruns: area 18,06 km² - bed capacity 3.600
Tschagguns: area: 57,68 km² - bed capacity 4.000
Schruns: 3.680 inhabitants
Tschagguns: 2.500 inhabitants
|Location:||Main locations in Montafon (autonomous communities)|
Historic town center with pedestrian in Schruns, oldest documented mentioned guest house in Montafon (“Löwen” Tschagguns), base station of the Hochjoch Bahn and Zamang Bahn (Silvretta Montafon), Golmerbahn Tschagguns / Latschau, Montafon Activity Park, Alpine Coaster Golm, Waldseilpark Golm, Alpenbad Montafon (biggest outdoor pool with natural pond in the region), cafes, bars, après ski bars and good restaurants.
Why go to Schruns-Tschagguns?
- All year round accessible by car and by train
- ideal starting point for all winter sports
- snow-covered slopes to the valley, the country's longest valley run (Hochjoch Totale), direct access to the largest ski area in Vorarlberg (Silvretta Montafon) plus family resort Golm (Alpine Coaster Golm), etc.
- Wide range of sports, cultural, leisure activities throughout the year
- Renowned health facilities are available (Montafon Rehab Clinic, Sanatorium / Surgery Dr. Christian Schenk)
- town center with various shops
- a central starting point for all activities in the region (the Montafonerbahn destination station, the starting point of the buses in the region, hiking meeting at Schruns station)
- Montafon Activity Park - the largest bike base in the country with over 70 modern bikes and e-bikes, daily guided tours from May to October, indoor adventure area, Alpenbad Montafon, experimental forest
- activity program for children and adults (Aktivclub Montafon) family hike "Count Hugo"
- Many cultural events and sports events
- football training camps and friendly matches of top international clubs www.fussballszene.at