29.06. - 28.09.2021 | tu | 09:45 - 15:45 o’clock
Gargellen, the highest mountain village in Montafon, is the starting point for this rewarding summit tour. From the mountain station of the Schafberg cable car, the trail first leads in the direction of the St. Antönier Joch, which marks the border with neighbouring Switzerland. Now you and your Montafon mountain guide decide together whether you want to take the path over the ridge or prefer the easier option below it. No matter how you reach the summit cross visible from afar, the view from the 2,552-metre-high Riedkopf is gigantic.
09.45 am at the valley station of the Gargellen mountain railways
Bergrestaurant Schafberg Hüsli – Steemendli – St. Antönier Joch – Riedkopf – Gargellenalpe/Kessl-Hütte – Rüti – Gargellen
approx. 6 hours (pure walking time: approx. 5 hours)
no one on this tour
until 8 p.m. the day before
- Hiking guide
- Mountain railway ride with the Schafbergbahn Gargellen
- It is only possible to participate in the guided BergePLUS tours if the “3 G” rule (tested, recovered, vaccinated) is adhered to. Proof must be presented to the guide before the start of the tour.
- You are required to cover your mouth and nose in enclosed spaces (public transport, retail, museums).
- The guide will brief you on the COVID measures before each tour.
- Participation in the tour is not permitted in the case of an elevated body temperature above 37.5° Celsius as well as COVID-19 symptoms (strong cough, etc.).
- All BergePLUS guides are equipped with face masks and disinfectant gel for the participants.
- The legal COVID measures must be strictly adhered to on public transport, mountain cableways and restaurants.
- The distribution of homemade products (food, drinks, etc.) and give-aways is not permitted for BergePLUS guides or their participants. Only necessary equipment and the COVID kit may be handed out.
- Tickets for the respective tour must be paid online in advance and presented to the guide (incl. the guest card for discounts). Payment on site is not possible.
You can find all general COVID measures here
- Bring a rucksack with food and/or drinks as well as rain and sun protection
- Walking shoes with profiled soles are required
- Exit bus: Gargellen centre
- free parking: Gargellen cable car valley station
- Tours can take place in any weather conditions, short-term route changes are possible (due to the weather)
- Dogs may not be brought along on this tour
- Tour is not possible with pushchairs and/or pull-along carts
- Children must be reasonably fit
Registration is binding. However, should you be unable to participate at the last minute, please cancel by calling the Montafon Tourism Office on tel. +43 50 6686 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that another guest can take your place. Our hikes always include the presence of trained Montafon hiking guides.
Your BergePLUS Team