One Montafon dish that has been left somewhat in the past are noodles made from Polma, young Montafon Sura Kees.
You can enjoy these Polmanudla with Montafon Sura Kees either piquant as a main dish or sweetened as a dessert. Test both versions!
Serve dumplings with green salad and a herb dip made from sour cream (200 g), herbs as well as a pinch of salt and pepper.
Roll the dumplings in cinnamon and sugar and serve with apple or pear sauce.
Ingredients for two persons
- 175 g Montafon Sura Kees
- 40 g smooth flour
- 50 g coarse flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
About 15 minutes
- Crumble the Montafon Sura Kees or cut it into small cubes.
- Use a bowl to combine the flour, egg and a pinch of salt and stir it into a dough.
- Form dumplings from the dough (using two large spoons or a cookie cutter).
- Briefly roll the dumplings in flour and then bake them golden brown in hot oil.
- After approx. five minutes, remove the oil and let them drain on a paper towel.
- Then prepare either sweet or piquant.