"Flowig" around the Itonskopf
Schruns-Tschagguns | 31.05. - 01.11.2019 | fr
Great tour on the sunny balcony of the Montafon
Four modes are available on the eBikes: from “eco’” to “turbo”. Level 2 (“tour”) will take you comfortably up the road of the first stage to Bartholomäberg. Here, on the “sunny balcony of the Montafon”, you will already be able to see the Rätikon with the Drei Türme and the Zimba – a magnificent panorama that accompanies us on our way. There will be almost no cars from now on. After passing Alpengasthaus Rellseck mountain restaurant, a gravel path leads all the way to Alpe Latons. The cowbells ring and the marmots whistle as you try a slice of bread with fresh Montafon Sura Kees right where herdsman Christoph produces this typical cheese from the region with his wife, Magdalena. A glass of buttermilk or elderberry juice to go with it – this prepares the participants for the finale of the tour. The highest point of the tour, Alplegi, is already behind the e-bikers, but the most technically challenging part is still to come.
More than enough panoramic views
About the tour: Bike guide Christoph provides the group with some tips on how to manage the steep descent and its various scree sections. This requires some brief preliminary exercises. The path is so narrow that only one bike can fit on it at a time, which explains the name “singletrack”. On the next part of the tour around the Itonskopf, the participants will mostly push their bikes. Back in the saddle, the path leads along a few rough patches with roots before comfortably sailing along a singletrack section.
The participants will ride past the Fritzensee and along public roads back to the starting point – all the while enjoying the fantastic view of the Rätikon summits. “For me, the special thing about this tour is that it is far off the beaten track,” says Christoph. It won’t be possible to change the bike batteries en route. That is why we charge our personal batteries to the maximum on this tour.
- total duration: approx. 4 hours (pure cycling time: approx 3 hours)
- vertical metres: approx 1.450 vm
- kilometre: approx. 24 km
- Ascent aids: no one on this tour
- Huts offering drinks and snacks: Alpengasthaus Rellseck (spring, summer and autumn) Alpe Latons (only summer)
- Route: Tourismusbüro Schruns – Bartholomäberg – Rellseck – Alplegi – Alpe Latons – Singletrail Rückseite Itonskopf – Falla – Single Trail Richtung Bartholomäberg – Tourismusbüro Schruns
- (E) mountain bike is not included in the tour.
- Our rental partners are Intersport Montafon and Sport Harry. As a BergePLUS guest you get 10% discount.
- You have to show your Montafon Guest Card to the guide
- Route and destination are dependent on current weather and snow conditions
- Bring a rucksack with snacks/food and/or drinks as well as rain and sun protection
- All participants must wear a helmet
- EMTBs may not be taken on public buses
The application is binding. If you are still unable to participate at any time, please do not hesitate to contact Montafon Tourismus, tel. +43 50 6686 or email@example.com, so that another guest can take your place.
Your BergePLUS team
|Price||20 % discount on the tour with the Montafon guest card
free of charge on the tour for BergePLUS guests
|Meeting place||09.30 am tourism office Schruns|
|Registration||online until midnight|