12.12.2020 - 03.04.2021 | sa | 08:15 - 16:15 o’clock
On the ski tour around the impressive Madrisa, you’ll experience the beauty of the Gargellen’s local mountain from a completely different side. Together with your Montafon mountain guide, the route first takes you from the Schafbergbahn summit station to the St. Antönier Jöchle, which marks the border with Switzerland. From up here, the landscape opens up to provide a spectacular vista of the surrounding mountain peaks. Now it’s time to carve your turns in the snow and enjoy the descent into neighbouring Switzerland, following which you will travel on to Klosters by bus and train. Depending on the conditions, you will refuel with a splendid lunch while still in Klosters, or after the last ascent back in Gargellen at Pizzeria Barga. Having filled up on unforgettable memories, the route takes you across the Schlappinerjoch back to Gargellen.
8.15 am at the valley station Bergbahnen Gargellen
approx. 8 hours
Ascent: approx 300 and descent approx 2000
until 4 p.m. the day before
50 % reduction with the Montafoner BergePLUS card (card with BergePLUS imprint must be shown)
- Transportation costs (taxi or rhätische train)
- Lunch/Dinner at the Pizzeria Barga, Gargellen
- Avalanche transceiver
- Avalanche shovel
- Avalanche probe
- Skitour equipment
- Ski touring equipment with climbing skins
- Day back pack (15-20 l)
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Drinks and food
By public transport:
- bus line 87
- Exit: Bus stop Gargellen Schafbergbahn (vmobil.at)
Walk to the valley station of the Gargellen cable car approx. 5 min.
By private car:
- free parking: valley station Schafbergbahn Gargellen (Bergbahnen Gargellen)
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for snowboarders.
Bookings with a snowboard are only possible as a whole group - no skiers and snowboarders can be mixed.
- Safe skiing on difficult slopes
- The snow conditions can vary greatly. This means that, depending on the weather conditions on the days before the tour, you have to reckon with crusty, hard or soft snow from time to time.
For safety reasons, the mountain guides may make short-notice changes to the programme at any time due to changing snow or weather conditions. Participants will be informed by telephone
Registration is binding. However, should you be unable to participate at the last minute, please cancel by calling the Montafon tourism office at tel. +43 50 6686 or by sending an email to email@example.com so that another guest can take your place.
Your BergePLUS Team