02.07. - 03.09.2019 | tu | 09:30 - 15:00 o’clock
A rediscovered taste experience in the Montafon: “Sura Kees” tasting at Alp Nova
During the guided tour to Alp Nova via the Gantakopf, dairy farmer Andrea will provide insight into the production of the Montafon “Sura Kees”; a regional speciality, which has characterised the southernmost valley of Vorarlberg through the centuries.
The ascent with hiking guide Elisabeth from the Garfrescha Bahn summit station via the Gantakopf (1,958 m) to Alp Nova takes about two hours. Surrounded by a picturesque Alpine panorama and fresh mountain air, dairy farmer Andrea Wieser explains how the Montafon speciality “Sura Kees” is made from milk and what it means to be a pasture farmer for a summer. “People from urban areas are especially fascinated by how we live up here,” says the dairy farmer. During the subsequent tasting of the Montafon "Sura Kees”, you can discover the qualities of the freshly spicy and mildly aromatic low-fat cheese for yourself.
9.30 am valley station Garfrescha Bahn Gaschurn
Mountain station Garfrescha Bahn – Gantakopf – Alp Nova – Novatal – mountain station Garfrescha Bahn
approx. 5,5 hours (pure walking time: approx. 3,5 hours)
approx. 450 vm
Alpe Nova (snacks, cheese board and drinks)
- Hiking Guide
- Tasting of Sura Kees
- Possible bus and train journeys
- Bring a rucksack with snacks/food and/or drinks as well as rain and sun protection
- Walking shoes with profiled soles are required and children must be reasonably fit
- Alight from bus: Gaschurn Versettla Bahn
- Free parking zone: valley station Versettla Bahn Gaschurn
- Tours can take place in any weather conditions, short-term route changes are possible (due to the weather)
- Dogs may not be brought along on this tour
- Tour is not possible with pushchairs and/or pull-along carts
The application is binding. If you are still unable to participate at any time, please do not hesitate to contact Montafon Tourismus, tel. +43 50 6686 or firstname.lastname@example.org, so that another guest can take your place.
Your BergePLUS team