Together through the winter
Updated: October 04, 2021
Winter season 2021/22
We draw your attention to the fact that in the implementation of the COVID-19 protective measures issued by the Federal Government, the transport ticket from the entry into force of the respective ordinance will only be issued in connection with valid evidence of a low epidemiological risk to be provided by the passenger in accordance with the respective ordinance (vaccinated, recovered or tested) is authorized to use the cable car system.
In the event that the duration of the transport ticket (annual ticket, season ticket, weekly ticket, etc.) exceeds the period of validity of this proof, it is the sole responsibility of the passenger to extend this proof in good time before it expires and to present it for inspection.
In the case of acquisition for third parties, this card may only be passed on to persons who, at the time of use, have the necessary valid evidence of a low epidemiological risk.
If a passenger cannot or does not want to comply with officially prescribed COVID-19 protective measures, the operator of the facility is obliged to refuse the transport. A claim to a (pro-rata) reimbursement cannot be made in these cases.
When purchasing tickets, you confirm that you have taken note of the above reference to the COVID-19 provisions regarding cable car and ski operation for 2021/22, that you are aware that you are obliged to use the season or ski season that you have purchased . To comply with the applicable statutory / official requirements and that its use may only be restricted, reduced or not possible at all in certain periods of time. Likewise, if you purchase the card for a third party, you will check whether the person concerned has the necessary valid evidence of a low epidemiological risk at the time of use.
In order to save time when buying tickets at the cash desk, you can print out the form at home, fill it in and bring it with you.
Just download the form now!
The health of our guests and our employees is very important to us, which is why we, together with our partners in the Montafon, have been doing everything possible since the beginning of the pandemic to ensure a safe stay in the Montafon. In addition to the weekly tests for employees in hotels, restaurants, mountain railways, mountain sports schools, mountain guides, etc., we have taken the following measures:
What WE do for a carefree stay
- Compulsory wearing of FFP2 face masks: In the checkout areas, when queuing and in gondolas and during chairlift rides, people over the age of 6 must wear a mask at all times.
- There is no MNS obligation for children under 6 years of age.
- Masks are available on site.
- People without mouth and nose protection (depending on age) may not be transported in the gondolas!
- Waiting areas: Regardless of the current legal requirements, we will organize waiting areas in such a way that groups of people standing close together are avoided as much as possible.
- Disinfection options: We have installed hand disinfection dispensers on our cable cars and in the mountain restaurants.
- Disinfection of the cable car cabins: All cable car cabins are disinfected daily with a special cold fogger.
- 3-G-rule - Geimpft/Vaccinated, Getestet/tested or Genesen/recovered (people aged 12 years and older): Access is only permitted after presentation of a negative test result, a vaccination certificate or a confirmation of a previous illness (validity of the tests: self-test with digital registration 24 hourse, antigen test 24 hours, PCR Test 72 hours).
- Guest registration: Mandatory registration at the table of consumption, till July 22, 2021.
- Cleaning: Tables, bar areas, door handles, sanitary facilities, etc. are cleaned and disinfected more often than usual.
- Available in the online shop: We recommend that you buy your ski tickets conveniently and stress-free in advance from home in Online-Shop and, if possible, collect them contactlessly at a cash desk or a machine.
- PICK UP STATIONS: Print out your lift ticket at our PICK UP STATION in Gargellen contactlessly and without queuing.
- Advantages: No queuing at the cash desk, straight through the turnstile, faster on the mountain and less contact with others.
- Get your ticket now!
- Compulsory wearing of face masks: In the PME sports shop, an FFP2 mask is mandatory for unvaccinated persons, this is also a recommendation for vaccinated persons.
- Regular tests: The Montafon is one of five pilot regions in all of Austria in which the employees of the accommodation providers have been tested for COVID-19 once a week since the beginning of June. In winter, employees in restaurants, hotels, mountain railways with customer contact and ski instructors are also regularly tested.
- Corona safety officers: The companies have trained Corona safety officers in a wide variety of departments who ensure that the current regulations are implemented and complied with immediately.
The 3 Gs
What you should know:
FAQ COVID-19 Safety measures
Hier findest Du häufig gestellte Fragen und Antworten für Deinen Bergtag in Gargellen
My day skiing in the Montafon
You are required to wear a face mask at all times and until further notice on the ski bus, at the ski depot, the ticket office, in the queuing area, in the sanitary facilities as well as in all cable cars and chair lifts.
From the age of 14, FFP2 masks must be worn in closed gondolas and in the associated covered boarding zones (can be purchased on site for 3 euros). In all other lifts, normal mouth-nose protection is sufficient. From the age of six, a normal mouth-nose protection is sufficient, under six years of age no mask needs to be worn.
Persons without FFP2 masks or (depending on age) MNS may not be transported on the gondolas and chairlifts!
In addition to wearing one of the popular types of face mask, current regulations also permit the use of multifunctional scarves, buffs and balaclavas. Except in areas where FFP2 masks are mandatory. Your mouth and nose must, however, always be completely covered!
You can purchase a face mask that is suitable for winter sports at the cableway ticket offices, sports shops and at the Montafon tourist information offices.
Irrespective of the current legal requirements, the queuing areas are organised in such a way that people can maintain a safe distance from one another wherever possible. Whenever possible, please keep a minimum distance of 2 metre between yourself and strangers and wear a face mask, except in areas where FFP2 masks are mandatory.
All cable cars and chair lifts are ventilated as well as possible during the ride. Please also ensure ventilation during the ride (open windows, open the weather protection hood, etc.)
You will find hand sanitiser dispensers at the cable car stations, in the mountain restaurants and in the sanitary facilities.
All the cable cars are regularly disinfected with a special cold fogging device. The special cold fog produces a long-lasting, floating mist of droplets that eliminates 99.99% of all viruses, bacteria and spores on surfaces within a very short time. The active ingredient leaves no residue, is non-toxic, pH neutral, kind to the skin and eyes and 100% biodegradable.
Rental ski boots and helmets are professionally disinfected and cleaned after use.
As on all forms of public transport, passengers are required to wear a face mask when using the cable car and chair lifts. Closed gondolas or chairlifts with closed weather protection bonnets may only be occupied at 50% capacity (e.g. 4 people in an 8-seater cable car, exception: persons from the same household).
Those members of staff who are in direct contact with customers either wear a face mask, an FFP2 mask or are physically separated from the guest by suitable protective measures (e.g. perspex panels).