What do you need to consider with regard to coronavirus during your holiday in Austria?
Covid-19: Current situation (22 September 2020)
we are very happy that you want to spend your holidays in Vorarlberg! Your health is our most important concern since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic (Sars-CoV-2 pandemic). With weekly testing of more than 2,000 tourism employees as well as comprehensive protective measures in the companies, we have been able to guarantee a safe holiday in Vorarlberg and the Montafon in recent months.
Our hosts, restaurant staff and service providers are fully informed and have taken measures to enable a safe stay. We ask that you also contribute to safety in the region and observe the instructions that are displayed in every entrance area.
Please also note the entry and exit regulations and measures in your home country!
More information on border openings and travel restrictions can be found on the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of the Interior.
* Mouth-nose protection is also available from the tourist information offices.
What we should all observe at all times
What is the traffic light system in Austria?
The Corona traffic light is an instrument for a uniform, coordinated and transparent approach by the government. It provides information on the risk in a given region and also on the possible measures that will be taken.
This is how the traffic light works:
- Accurate monitoring of key indicators at federal, state and district level
- Expert Committee to assess the situation on the basis of indicators and contextual factors and make recommendations to policy makers
- Alert level is set
- The measures shall be implemented as required
4 colours of the traffic light and their meaning:
- Green: low risk; individual cases, isolated clusters
- Yellow: medium risk; moderate cases, mainly in clusters
- Orange: high risk; accumulation of cases, no longer predominantly due to clusters
- Red: very high risk; uncontrolled outbreaks, widespread dissemination
Current Corona traffic light colour in the Montafon: YELLOW (Corona dashboard of the province of Vorarlberg)
- The basic rule of the minimum distance of 1 metre continues to apply, except within a group of guests or for people who live in the same household, or if suitable protective measures for spatial separation are capable of minimising the risk of infection. Groups of guests are deemed to be guests who are spending their stay in a shared living unit.
- Wellness facilities can be used if establishments set up their distance and hygiene measures in accordance with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health.
- Shelters - communal dormitories may be used under the following conditions: Overnight accommodation (dormitories or communal sleeping quarters) is permitted if a distance of two metres is maintained from persons not living in the common household; or if the risk of infection can be minimised by appropriate protective measures for spatial separation. Overnight stay only with own upholstery cover and sleeping bag (light down or summer sleeping bag - no blankets are available!). Please ask for the current regulations of the respective hut when making your reservation.
The Montafon dining establishments are pleased to be able to treat you to their culinary delicacies. It would be helpful if you are able to reserve a table in advance and preferably pay the bill by card. The number of people is on 10 persons restricted.
- The serving of beverages at the bar is not permitted. (No consumption in close proximity to the serving area.)
- From 25 September onwards there will be general closing time at 10 pm.
Please note: nose-mouth protection must be worn on public transport. Wherever possible, purchase your ticket before commencing your trip. The ticket office at the train station in Schruns is open for the purchase of tickets, or simply download the FAIRTIQ app for the contactless purchase of your ticket.
Tip: The Montafon Brandnertal leisure pass includes the use of public transport!
Please note: nose-mouth protection must be worn on board the cableways.
Despite the coronavirus (COVID-19), ALL leisure facilities in the Montafon, such as the open-air pools, museums, tennis courts, golf courses, playgrounds, climbing parks, etc. are offering their usual fantastic services.
We also ask that you pay attention to the instructions displayed at the entrance area. For the tennis courts and golf courses, please reserve places in advance.
TIP: The Montafon Brandnertal leisure pass includes the use of cableways, open-air pools and much more besides!
Please note that a mouth and nose protector must also be worn here.
- Events with allocated and marked seats: indoor up to 1,500, outdoor up to 3,000 people. Without assigned seats (standing room), events outside are limited to 50 persons, inside with 10 persons! A mouth and nose protector must be worn if the minimum distance of 1 metre cannot be maintained.
In smaller shops in particular, please pay special attention to your distance to other people in the sales area.
Please note that in supermarkets, banks and post offices the mouth and nose protector must also be worn.
XSUND the Vorarlberg health app (xsund.at) Here you will find, amongst other things, doctors with their surgery hours and the opening times of the pharmacy in Schruns, emergency numbers, as well as important tips in the event of an emergency.
Important: It is necessary to make an appointment as well as mouth and nose protection!
If you call the hotline 1450, specialists will answer all your questions regarding medical matters. In the event of life-threatening emergencies, please call the emergency number 144 immediately.
Please note: we have researched all our information with the utmost care. Nevertheless, due to the current rapidly changing circumstances, we cannot assume any guarantee of accuracy.