What do you need to consider with regard to coronavirus during your holiday in Austria?
Covid-19: Current situation (06 October 2020)
we are very happy that you want to spend your holidays in Vorarlberg! Your health is our most important concern since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic (Sars-CoV-2 pandemic). With weekly testing of more than 2,000 tourism employees as well as comprehensive protective measures in the companies, we have been able to guarantee a safe holiday in Vorarlberg and the Montafon in recent months.
Our hosts, restaurant staff and service providers are fully informed and have taken measures to enable a safe stay. We ask that you also contribute to safety in the region and observe the instructions that are displayed in every entrance area.
Please also note the entry and exit regulations and measures in your home country!
More information on border openings and travel restrictions can be found on the websites of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of the Interior.
* Mouth-nose protection is also available from the tourist information offices.
What we should all observe at all times
What is the traffic light system in Austria?
The Corona traffic light is an instrument for a uniform, coordinated and transparent approach by the government. It provides information on the risk in a given region and also on the possible measures that will be taken.
This is how the traffic light works:
- Accurate monitoring of key indicators at federal, state and district level
- Expert Committee to assess the situation on the basis of indicators and contextual factors and make recommendations to policy makers
- Alert level is set
- The measures shall be implemented as required
4 colours of the traffic light and their meaning:
- Green: low risk; individual cases, isolated clusters
- Yellow: medium risk; moderate cases, mainly in clusters
- Orange: high risk; accumulation of cases, no longer predominantly due to clusters
- Red: very high risk; uncontrolled outbreaks, widespread dissemination
Current Corona traffic light colour in the Montafon: YELLOW
Corona dashboard of the province of Vorarlberg
Current Covid-19 statistics of all of Vorarlberg
- For guests staying in the restaurants and bars of their accommodation, there is an extended closing time until 01:00 am. External guests must leave the accommodation at 22:00 hrs.
- Mouth and nose protection must be worn when staying in generally accessible indoor areas.
- A minimum distance of 1 metre must be maintained in the entire accommodation area from all other persons not living in the same household or belonging to the visitor group. Visitor groups are defined as those guests who spend their stay in a shared accommodation unit.
- The same regulations apply to the catering area of the accommodation as to catering establishments, but with one facilitation: self-service buffets may be offered to overnight guests, provided that the risk of infection can be minimised by special hygienic precautions; breakfast buffets are thus generally possible.
- Wellness facilities can be used in compliance with the distance and hygiene measures as recommended by the Ministry of Health. The individual measures of the individual establishments must also be observed (e.g. maximum number of persons in the wellness area).
- Shared dormitories may be used under the following conditions: Overnight accommodation (sleeping quarters or communal sleeping rooms) is permitted if a distance of two metres is maintained from persons not living in the common household; or if the risk of infection can be minimised by suitable protective measures for spatial separation. Overnight stay only with own upholstery and sleeping bag (no blankets are available!). Please ask for the current regulations of the respective hut when making your reservation.
- Currently the legal closing time is 22:00 o'clock - we ask for your understanding
- The Montafon gastronomic establishments look forward to spoiling you with their culinary delights. If possible, it would be helpful if you reserve your table in advance and pay the bill preferably by card.
- When entering the restaurant area (inside and outside) up to the table, the mouth and nose protector must be worn, also to and from the toilet. Mouth and nose protectors are not required at the tables themselves.
- In all restaurants the legally prescribed table distances are observed or appropriate separating devices (e.g. glass panes) have been installed. A minimum distance of 1 metre must be maintained from entering to the table and also when leaving the table in relation to all other persons who do not live in the same household or who belong to the visitor group.
- Food and beverages may only be consumed in the restaurant area (indoors and outdoors) while seated at serving stations. Food and drink may not be consumed at counters and counters in the immediate vicinity of the point of issue.
- Please observe the general hygiene & distance rules in the respective means of transport. All passengers must wear a mouth-and-nose protection. We also recommend wearing this at bus stops if the minimum distance to strangers cannot be maintained.
- We ask for appropriate consideration and an orderly exit and entry to the buses.
- Buy your ticket if possible before you start your journey. The ticket counter at the train station in Schruns is open to purchase tickets (daily 07:00-18:00) or simply download the FAIRTIQ app and buy your ticket contactlessly. Since 1 October, there have also been ticket machines of the Vorarlberg Transport Association (VVV) at all stops of the Montafonerbahn, where tickets for Vorarlberg can be bought without cash.
- Surface disinfection and bus ventilation measures are carried out daily in the public transport system in the Montafon.
XSUND the Vorarlberg health app (xsund.at) Here you will find, amongst other things, doctors with their surgery hours and the opening times of the pharmacy in Schruns, emergency numbers, as well as important tips in the event of an emergency.
Important: It is necessary to make an appointment as well as mouth and nose protection!
If you call the hotline 1450, specialists will answer all your questions regarding medical matters. In the event of life-threatening emergencies, please call the emergency number 144 immediately.
Please note: we have researched all our information with the utmost care. Nevertheless, due to the current rapidly changing circumstances, we cannot assume any guarantee of accuracy.