Mountain huts and mountain restaurants
The mountain huts in the Montafon promise hospitality and hearty meals
1,130 km of marked hiking trails lead through lush pastures and forests, from mountain hut to mountain hut, past Alpine farms, over heights and ridges to the summits of the Montafon mountains ranges of Verwall, Rätikon and Silvretta. Every now and again a break is needed to regain strength. The mountain huts pamper their guests with regional specialties and with the famous Montafon hospitality.
Be a guest in a Montafon mountain hut
Here’s what you mustn’t forget for an overnight stay in a mountain hut:
- Hut sleeping bag (for reason of hygiene)
- Bring your own towel, toothbrush and toothpaste
- A small garbage bag to take your rubbish back down to the valley with you
- A headlamp if you need to go out briefly at night
- Ear plugs are recommended for light sleepers
Please keep the following in mind for your overnight mountain hut stay:
- The energy resources in these extreme area are often quite limited; please be sparing in your use of electricity and water.
- Please bring sufficient cash with you; many mountain huts cannot accommodate electronic payments.
- There is a strict smoking ban at all mountain huts; please use an ashtray if you smoke outdoors.
- There are specific rules of conduct at each mountain hut; please comply with them!