A variety of walks for nature lovers
Montafon offers you more than 1,160 kilometres of hiking trails. More than 1,160 possibilities to make spring and summer a varied time. Where the snow is metres high in winter, the rest of the year the focus is on hiking. You start out over lush alpine meadows, through dense forests and past idyllic huts and alpine taverns.
Surrounded by three mountain ranges, the hiking area in Montafon could hardly be more varied. To the northwest you can see the striking limestone cliffs of the Rätikon. In the south, the partially glaciated Silvretta. And in the north-east, the natural diversity of the Verwall European nature reserve.
So what are you waiting for? All signs point to hiking in Vorarlberg and enjoying the Montafon!
Hiking highlights in Montafon
- 1,160 kilometres of hiking trails
- more than 40 idyllic huts
- From easy to difficult, barrier-free and family-friendly: there are more than 267 hiking tours waiting for every taste.
- more than 20 mountain experiences of a special kind
- Mountain railway operation also in the summer months
- 3 different hiking buses (Hinteres Silbertal until 15 September, Rellstal until 11 October and Rellseck until mid-October)
5 hiking tips: carefree hiking in Vorarlberg
The recipe for an unforgettable hike that will leave you deeply relaxed? A region that awakens the feeling of freedom in you. Fantastic weather that makes you shine. And hiking trails that are made to suit every taste: from leisurely exploration to challenging summits.
Tip 1: Just ned hudla! Take your time and enjoy the mountain world to the full.
Tip 2: Taste and enjoy! Explore the Montafon with all your senses - taste, see, hear, feel and smell consciously.
Tip 3: Rest and come down! The box seats in the Montafon mountains are ideal for a rest and to let the landscape take its effect on you.
Tip 4: Reward yourself! Enjoy the hospitality of the hut hosts, recharge your batteries and experience the Montafon from its authentic side.
Tip 5: If you don't want to think about anything else during the hike, you should prepare yourself well:
- Clothing and hiking boots are adapted to the hike.
- Your rucksack contains everything you need - including a map of the tour, drinks and refreshments.
- The weather and the forecasts are suitable for hiking.
Our highlights in winter
When the day draws to close...
Whether by day or at dusk, there are many fabulous moments to discover here in Montafon.
The loveliest mountain huts in the Montafon
Warm hospitality and magnificent views
You certainly can’t miss out on a stop in one of the rustic huts and mountain restaurants where you can restore your strength with Montafon specialities or Kaiserschmarrn (sugar raisin pancakes).