A variety of walks for nature lovers
Montafon offers you more than 1,160 kilometres of hiking trails. More than 1,160 possibilities to make spring and summer a varied time. Where the snow is metres high in winter, the rest of the year the focus is on hiking. You start out over lush alpine meadows, through dense forests and past idyllic huts and alpine taverns.
Surrounded by three mountain ranges, the hiking area in Montafon could hardly be more varied. To the northwest you can see the striking limestone cliffs of the Rätikon. In the south, the partially glaciated Silvretta. And in the north-east, the natural diversity of the Verwall European nature reserve.
So what are you waiting for? All signs point to hiking in Vorarlberg and enjoying the Montafon!
Hiking highlights in Montafon
- 1,160 kilometres of hiking trails
- more than 40 idyllic huts
- From easy to difficult, barrier-free and family-friendly: there are more than 267 hiking tours waiting for every taste.
- more than 20 mountain experiences of a special kind
- Mountain railway operation also in the summer months
- 3 different hiking buses (Hinteres Silbertal until 15 September, Rellstal until 11 October and Rellseck until mid-October)
De mooiste berghutten van Montafon
Hartelijke gastvrijheid en grandioze uitzichten
Wat zeker niet mag ontbreken, is een bezoek aan een van de authentieke hutten en bergrestaurants, waarin je met Montafoner specialiteiten of een portie Kaiserschmarrn (een Oostenrijkse pannenkoekvariant) weer op krachten komt.