Zimba 2,643 m
Vandans | 12.06. - 11.10.2019 | we / fr
The climbing mountain for the truly daring
A real challenge in the Rätikon is the ascent of Zimba. The 2,643 metre-high mountain has fascinated mountaineers for generations. Zimba is also often described as the Montafon’s Matterhorn because of its unusual shape. There is no hiking trail or via ferrata up to the summit, and it takes courage, freedom from vertigo and fitness to conquer the demanding rock tour with degree of difficulty III.
The route leads from the Heinrich Hueter Chalet, at 1,766 metres, up to the Zimba col (2,387 metres). From there, it leads along the western ridge to the summit cross. But all the effort is amply rewarded with a fantastic view for everyone who pushes themselves to their limits. You can test your limits with the assistance of an experienced Montafon mountain guide.
7 September 1848 has special significance in mountaineering terms: on that day, Anton Neyer from Bludenz – known as “Bücheltonis Toni” – climbed Zimba for the first time. Next year, the early Alpine feat will celebrate its 170th anniversary.
- Meeting time: The mountain guide will get in touch with you after you have registered for the tour
- Total duration: approx. 5–7 hours
- Walking time (without breaks): depends on the conditions of the selected route and/or start and destination points.
- Ascent and Descent: approx. 900 vm
- Overnight accommodations at huts, transportation costs and board are not included in the price
- Bring a rucksack with snacks/food and/or drinks as well as rain and sun protection
- Equipment: good mountain boots and mountain clothing, Hat, gloves and mountain-worthy clothing.
- Dogs may not be brought along on this tour
The registration is binding. Should you nevertheless be unable to attend at short notice, we ask you to unsubscribe from the Montafon mountain guides, Tel. +43 664 4311445 or email@example.com, so that another guest can take your place.
Up to 8 days before departure, there are no cancellation fees. Detailed information on the cancellation conditions can be found on the homepage of the Montafon mountain guides.
Your Montafon mountain guides
|Price||190,00 € per person Westgrad (price is valid for 2 participants or more)
IVBV Guide and special equipment such as a climbing harness, crampons and helmet will be provided to you (included in the price).
|Meeting place||Heinrich Hueter-Hütte|
|Registration||by 4.00 pm (three days before)|
|Requirement||Payment can only be made in cash (please have exact change)|