Montafon Heritage Museum
The oldest parts of the building originate from the 15th century and the long corridors of the upper floors give us an idea of the architecture of the late Middle Ages. The urban flair of the building is the result of the boom of the mining period. In those years, the so-called "Bergrichter", a judge to judge the miners, resided in this house. During the Bavarian foreign rule the building was extended around the year 1800. Later on the police and the jail were situated in the building and thereafter the Music School Montafon. In 1978 the "Heimatschutzverein" for the protection of the cultural heritage adopted the building and extended it four years later. The new part has four stories and houses the permanent and temporary exhibition while the old part offers a tour through the style of home decor and the working world of previous centuries. The latest enlagrement was the building of a cellar for the new Montafon Archive in 2002.
Sa. 15:00 - 17:00 o’clock
Fr. 15:00 - 17:00 o’clock
Di. - Fr. 14:00 - 17:00 o’clock