A delicious variation filled with the unique Montafon Sura Kees.
It is usually enjoyed with vinegar, oil and onions, pure on black bread or used in traditional meals. This low-fat cheese is also valued as a miracle treatment for hangovers.
The specialty Montafon Sura Kees has existed in the region since the 12th century. The valley can thus boast of one of the oldest traditions in cheese making in the Alpine region. Some 800 Montafon cows provide 2.5 million kg of milk per year, from which 250,000 kg of Sura Kees is made. Either traditionally by hand in the Alpine dairy farms (approx. 10,000 kg) or using new methods in dairies in the valley.
During the annual Bura Day in the Schruns church square, the best Sura Kees of the year is selected by a jury. Come by and taste for yourself! Something completely new in the gourmet department is a sausage filled with Sura Kees, similar to a Käse-Kraine (a cheese-stuffed sausage).
Cordon bleu receipe
Ingredients for one person
- 20 decagrams pork schnitzel
- 1 slice of ham, Montafon Sura Kees, mountain cheese, Alpine pork smoked ham each
- 1-2 eggs (for breading)
- Flour (for breading)
- Bread crumbs (for breading)
- Plant oil (for baking)
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper each
About 20 to 30 minutes
- Pound the Schnitzel thin. Salt and pepper both sides.
- Add a slice of ham, a slice of mountain cheese, a slice of Montafon Sura Kees, a slice of smoked ham for the spices and again a slice of mountain cheese to both sides of the Schnitzel.
- Press the meat together and press tightly on the edges.
- First place the Schnitzel in flour for breading, then pull it through the egg and then roll it in the breadcrumbs.
- Add a generous amount of oil to a medium-sized pan, heat it to medium temperature and brown the meat to a golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the cordon bleu with parsley potatoes.
There are delicious recipes here for all lovers of Montafon Sura Kees. Bon appétit! genuss-region.at