Christl Tschohl, senior chef at Gasthof Löwen in Tschagguns, has given us one of his favourite recipes to cook at home.
The 13-person team at Gasthof Löwen, led by senior chef Christl Tschol has many long-term employees. She is the good soul of the house and her caring nature is a key factor in the long-term loyalty of the staff. Harmony and solidarity in the team are very important to her - as well as cooking with love. The guest treasure this as well as the use of regional products. The delicious wild game come from local preserves.
The Montafon hunting community
The hunting culture is part of the Montafon’s identity. The over 42,000 hectare-large hunting region is managed by dedicated hunters. They contribute to the preservation of the diverse animal kingdom living free and thus to delicious, healthy wild game.
Chamois goulash recipe
Ingredients for four persons
- 800 g shoulder meat
- 500 g onions
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 200 g pork belly
- 5 lemon slices
- 1 litre of wild game stock or beef bouillon
- Red wine, orange juice, tomato pulp, powdered paprika, Worcester sauce, salt, marjoram, thyme, wild game spices, cranberries
- Cut the meat into cubes and brown it.
- Cut the onions, garlic and pork belly fine, add lemon slices and briefly brown.
- Stir in the tomato pulp and powdered paprika, add red wine and finally add wild game stock or beef bouillon.
- Add spices and some orange juice.
- Boil until the meat is soft and then strain the sauce.
As a side dish, Christl recommends the classics - bread dumplings, Spätzle, apple with red cabbage and cranberries.